Union County Senior Center is seeking an Assistant Cook to be a part of the team. The pay range for this position is $12.31 – $17.27, at 30+hours per week, accompanied by a highly competitive benefit package including paid vacation, sick, and holiday as well as health, dental and retirement benefits and includes vacation and sick leave. Having food preparation experience, good at following instruction, an ability to clean well, and possess the ability to work well within a team, are the foundations of success in this position.
Typical examples of duties:
- Assist Food Services Manager in all food preparation.
- Maintain a clean work area by washing pots, pans and bowls as used and cleaning general work area, ovens and stove.
- Preparing and dishing up home delivered meals.
- Assist with all clean up duties.
- May assist Food Service Manager with cooking, delivering, serving and cleanup for catered events.
Must pass pre-employment drug test and criminal history background check.
Application must be returned in person or by mail to Community Connection Administration Office, 2802 Adams Ave. La Grande, OR. 97850, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Community Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 1-541-963-3186.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Assists the Head Cook in the preparation of meals. Cleans cooking equipment and kitchen. Does related work as required. Must be able to assume Food Services Manager/Head Cook position during time of absence.
Works under the direct supervision of the Food Service Manager or Head Cook.
Generally, there are no supervisory responsibilities with this position. However, on days when the Food Services Manager/Head Cook is absent, the Assistant Cook will assume supervisory functions of the Food Services Manager/Head Cook.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK
(Any one position will not usually involve all the duties listed and many positions will involve duties which are not listed.)
- Prepare salads, desserts, and dressings.
- Assist Food Services Manager/Head Cook in preparation of main dishes, vegetables, cookies, cakes, muffins, biscuits, including master biscuit mixes, and rolls.
- Assist with any necessary pre-preparation of foods for the next day’s meal.
- Maintain a clean work area by washing pots, pans, and bowls as used and cleaning general work area, ovens, and stove.
- Assist in storing left-over foods.
- Assist with deep cleaning of kitchen, dish room, and storage areas as time permits.Assist in dishing up home-delivered meals, satellite, and dining room meals.
- May assist Food Services Manager/Head Cook with cooking, delivering, serving, and clean-up for catered events.
- May be required to pick-up items at local retail stores to supplement inventory.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Graduation from high school or GED required. Current Food Handler’s Card or willingness to obtain one within 90 days of accepting position. One-year cooking experience; cooking for large groups a plus. Must have valid Oregon Driver’s License.
Ability to work pleasantly with the public and other staff members. Ability to follow written and oral instructions; ability to accept supervision on a daily basis and ability to supervise on occasion. Must be able to organize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal history background check.