DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE? DRIVE FOR YOUR COMMUNITY!
Northeast Oregon Public Transit in La Grande is recruiting for Bus Drivers. Serve your community and get to know great people along the way. This position is scheduled for 30+hours per week, with a pay range of $13.48-$18.91, plus $1.00/hr. differential for those that hold a CDL with a passenger endorsement. Also includes vacation/sick leave, and retirement benefits when eligible. Transport riders to a variety of locations including local areas and outside of Union County, maintain records of rides provided.
Typical duties of the Bus Driver:
- Transport elderly, persons with disabilities, and general public riders to a variety of locations within the county as well as areas outside of Union County.
- Transport clients to medical appointments as needed.
- Maintain records on number/type of passengers, miles driven, etc.
- Responsible for fueling, routine vehicle inspections, and keeping the vehicle interiors clean.
Must have a current Oregon Driver’s License and a good driving record. Transit experience preferred but not mandatory.
Successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal history background check before beginning work for Community Connection.
Community Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Transports passengers to a variety of locations (usually within the county). Offers assistance to all passengers as they enter and leave the vehicle.
Works under the supervision of the County Manager and/or Transit Operations Manager.
Generally, there are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
(Any one position may not involve all the duties listed, and many positions will involve duties not listed.)
- Responsible for transporting elderly, persons with disabilities and general public riders.
- Responsible for the safety of persons while they are on the vehicle, and while they are entering or leaving the vehicle.
- Maintain records on the number/type of passengers, miles driven, gas and oil used.
- Assist passengers with their carry-on items on and off the vehicle as needed.
- Responsible for fueling, routine checks, and keeping the vehicle interior clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
High School Graduation or GED certificate. Must have a valid Oregon driver’s license, and a safe driving record.
Must have the ability to work pleasantly and professionally with the public and co-workers and have the ability to follow written and oral instructions. Must have reasonable knowledge of vehicle operations; physically able to assist wheelchair passengers, and passengers with walkers or crutches when boarding and deboarding the transit vehicle, and occasionally provide door-to-door assistance as needed. Transit experience and a CDL preferred but not required.
Must pass pre-employment drug test and criminal history background check. This position will also require random drug and alcohol testing.