DO YOU ENJOY MEETING NEW PEOPLE? Northeast Oregon Public Transit in La Grande is recruiting for Bus Drivers. Serve your community and get to know great people along the way. Starting at $12.19 per hour, 30+ hours per week.Benefits include: Health and Dental Insurance, vacation/sick leave, and retirement benefits when eligible. Open until filled.
Typical duties of the Bus Driver:
- Transport elderly, persons with disabilities and general public riders to a variety of locations within the county as well as areas outside of Union County.
- Transport clients to medical appointments as needed.
- Maintain records on number/type of passengers, miles driven, etc.
- Responsible for fueling, routine vehicle inspections and keeping the vehicle interiors clean.
Must have a current Oregon Driver’s License and a good driving record. Transit experience preferred but not mandatory.
Must pass pre-employment drug test and criminal history background check. Applications and job description available on-line at www.ccno.org, and at Worksource Oregon. Applications must be returned to Worksource Oregon. EOE.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Transports passengers to a variety of locations (usually within the county). Offers assistance to all passengers as they enter and leave the vehicle.
Works under the supervision of the County Manager and/or Transit Operations Manager.
Generally, there are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
TYPICAL DUTIES (Any one position may not involve all the duties listed, and many positions will involve duties not listed.)
1. Responsible for transporting elderly, persons with disabilities and general public riders.
2. Responsible for the safety of persons while they are on the vehicle, and while they are entering or leaving the vehicle.
3. Maintain records on the number/type of passengers, miles driven, gas and oil used.
4. Assist passengers with their carry-on items on and off the vehicle as needed.
5. Responsible for fueling, routine checks and keeping the vehicle interior clean.
6. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
High School Graduation or GED certificate. Must have a valid Oregon driver’s license, and a safe driving record.
Must have the ability to work pleasantly and professionally with the public and co-workers and have the ability to follow written and oral instructions. Must have reasonable knowledge of vehicle operations; physically able to assist wheelchair passengers, and passengers with walkers or crutches when boarding and deboarding the transit vehicle and occasionally provide door-to-door assistance as needed. Transit experience and a CDL preferred but not required.
Must pass pre-employment drug test and criminal history background check. This position will also require random drug and alcohol testing.