Community Connection of Wallowa County is seeking to fill two positions as a Bus Driver for the Summer Shuttle Bus. Driver must be willing to work weekends and holidays. Temporary position, up to 30 hours per week, $13.48 per hour.
Summer Shuttle Bus Driver examples of duties are:
- Responsible for transporting riders.
- Responsible for the safety of riders while they are on the vehicle and while they are entering or exiting the vehicle.
- Record keeping.
- Responsible for fueling, routine checks and keeping the interior of the vehicle clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must pass drug test and criminal history background check. Experience is preferred, CDL not required.
Applications must be returned in person or by mail to Community Connection Enterprise office, 702 NW 1st St, Enterprise, OR. 97850, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 1-541-963-3186.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Transports passengers to a variety of locations (usually within the county). Offers assistance to all passengers as they enter and leave the vehicle.
Works under the supervision of the County Manager and/or Transit Operations Manager.
Generally, there are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
(Any one position may not involve all the duties listed, and many positions will involve duties not listed.)
- Responsible for transporting elderly, persons with disabilities and general public riders.
- Responsible for the safety of persons while they are on the vehicle, and while they are entering or leaving the vehicle.
- Maintain records on the number/type of passengers, miles driven, gas and oil used.
- Assist passengers with their carry-on items on and off the vehicle as needed.
- Responsible for fueling, routine checks, and keeping the vehicle interior clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
High School Graduation or GED certificate. Must have a valid Oregon driver’s license, and a safe driving record.
Must have the ability to work pleasantly and professionally with the public and co-workers and have the ability to follow written and oral instructions. Must have reasonable knowledge of vehicle operations; physically able to assist wheelchair passengers, and passengers with walkers or crutches when boarding and deboarding the transit vehicle, and occasionally provide door-to-door assistance as needed. Transit experience and a CDL preferred but not required.
Must pass pre-employment drug test and criminal history background check. This position will also require random drug and alcohol testing