Wallowa County Public Transit offers a Dial-A-Ride service for the general public, people over the age of 60, and people with disabilities. Anyone within the major cities of Wallowa, Lostine, Enterprise, and Joseph is eligible for this service.
At 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday and Thursday, the route begins in Wallowa and serves all of Wallowa County within the service area. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday the route starts in Enterprise at 7:00 a.m. serving the residents of Enterprise and Joseph.
Thanks to the Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund, our Dial-A-Ride services are fare free to all riders.
To serve you best we accept reservations at least 3 days in advance for Monday trips, and at least 24 hours in advance Tuesday through Friday. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. On weekends and holidays, please leave a voicemail for the transit team. When making a reservation, please have all trip information available. This includes name, address, phone number, date, and time of appointment. It is best to pre-schedule return trips with a specific pick-up time. However when this is not possible, the return trip is scheduled as a “call back”. When you are ready for your return pick-up, please call Community Connection. Although we will do our best to get to you promptly, during busy times, it may take up to 30 minutes for a “call back” ride.
Please plan trips with these points in mind:
- Transit may arrive 15 minutes before or after the scheduled pick-up time.
- Transit vehicles are wheelchair accessible. Drivers are trained to assist persons with disabilities in boarding and de-boarding.
- Carry-on items such as groceries must be limited to what you can carry. Packages may not block the aisle. No hazardous materials are allowed on the vehicles.
All items found on vehicles will be donated to charity if not claimed within 30 days.
Severe weather may result in a suspension of services.
Where Can I Ride?
Monday, Wednesday, Friday anywhere within the cities of Enterprise and Joseph. On Tuesday and Thursday, service begins in Wallowa to serve the lower valley residents and continues on to Enterprise and Joseph.
Who Can Ride?
Everyone! Dial-A-Ride service is available and fare free to everyone.
- Buses are wheelchair accessible
- Priority seating is available on all buses for senior citizens and people with disabilities
- Controlled service animals are permitted on buses
- Buses are equipped with bike racks
Dial-A-Ride services of Wallowa County do not operate on New Year’s Day, Presidents Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas.
Services Provided By Community Connection of Wallowa County. For more information, please call the office at 541-426-3840.